Think of impact printers like a typewriter. A print head strikes an ink ribbon, transferring and making an imprint on the paper it strikes. Impact printers are also known as Dot Matrix printers. They are perfect for printing in kitchen environments or other areas where heat may restrict the use of a thermal printer.
The PLUM P-IPrinter-E version has been specifically configured to work seamlessly with Square. It comes DHCP enabled so that once you’ve connected it to the local area network with an Ethernet cable and power it up, a chit will print out with your network IP address. Now you can follow the instructions to set it to a static address and configure within your Square POS settings so that you are printing in no time.
Some of the other benefits of using an impact printer is it allows for two-color printing for highlighting menu modifiers so your kitchen can easily see special instructions for the base item ordered. Additionally, impact printers such as this PLUM P-IPrinter-E allow you to use carbon copy paper so you can easily have 1, 2 or 3 copies of the same order. You can find additional paper and ribbon options on the consumable category.
Powerful Printing Performance
- Fast printing up to 4.7lps (40 columns), 6.0lps (30 columns)
- Two color printing for highlighting offers, order exceptions
- Right-side-up printing for kitchen orders
- Easy drop-in paper loading
- Auto-cutter for full or partial tear
- Auto-status alerts for paper jams, open cover, etc
- Kitchen order slip printing
- Receipt, coupon & ticket printing